Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 3 Weigh In 8.1.11

Whitney here. (Monday, 10am) I had a really good week of logging all of my food on My Fitness Pal and making healthier choices - less empty calories! I ran 2 days, did the elliptical one day, and Jillian/Ripped in 30, 4 days. I really feel like I've turned a corner. I was saying no to my emotions that were telling me "Nuts are bad! Too much fat!" and just moving forward with healthy eating one meal at a time. I stayed under my calorie goal everyday. Combined with last week's efforts and the fact that I've been weighing myself almost everyday I felt nervous but confident about weighing in this morning.  ...Unfortunately, the scale has hardly budged and I weighed in at 174. And yes, I cried. I don't really get it because I weighed as low as 170 during this week....
I don't have much else to say except I'm discouraged and sad and feeling a little bit like it's hopeless. 3 weeks without any pay off especially when you're starting a new plan and broadcasting it on the web makes me feel like a fool. Guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Though I confess I haven't eaten today and I've already ditched my workout. Hard to be motivated today...
**(Monday, 4pm) So, I just stepped on the scale for no reason other than I left it sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor and I weighed 172!! What? I'm confused but I'll take it! This is definitely more consistent with what I was weighing throughout the week. Thank you, Lord for the encouragement that I needed!! Woo Hoo! My goals this week: drink less wine (I love my glass of wine every night), workout 6 days, and meet my calorie goal with minimal empty calories.


Week 3 Weigh In: 172
Loss this week: 2.2
Total loss: 2.4

Katie here. I managed to make it to the gym twice this week(Cycling class and then an elliptical/stair monster combo) but I still need to squeeze at least one more in somewhere. Friday workouts always seem to get lost in the mix of whatever else.  I journaled 6 out of 7 days this week and stayed within my daily point range, but definitely used up all my extra points on a rich anniversary dinner out.  The fried mushrooms, wedge salad and ravioli were well worth the spend...mmmmm.  All and all, a good week. Yesterday was my hardest day b/c I was extra hungry, but I didn't lose complete control.  A good week.  My goals this week:  MORE WATER STILL (so hard for me) and squeezing that 3rd workout in.  We'll see if I can do this in the midst of potty training Jack (hack!).  Preschool starts Monday and I also need to make sure I don't eat through those emotions.

Week 3 Weigh In:  175.4
Loss this week: 1.4
Total Loss: 3.4

3 comments:

  1. congrats to both of you!!!! youre doing awesome--and look, you have done it for 3 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney - I haven't been taking my own advice lately, but I think you should weigh yourself only once a week, same time of day, same circumstances. When I am on good behavior, I weigh only on Monday mornings, right when I get up (after using restroom, before eating or drinking anything, naked). It keeps me more sane to do it this way so I don't obsess over the fluctuations during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Katie! You guys are doing great! My sis and I started a blog as well. She has to go gluten-free so I told her I would help and needed to blog about weight loss as well. (www.gutsyandglutenfree.blogspot.com) Good luck with your goals :)
    Carrie Phillips

    ReplyDelete