Monday, August 8, 2011

Weigh In Week 4 8.8.2011

Whitney:
This week has been really great and it has nothing to do with the scale. A victory in itself - for me anyway! I have had several "ah-ha" moments as I have prayed, read "Made to Crave", and at the urging of several friends, watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  I highly recommend the book (Amazon) and the documentary movie which is available through instant Netflix.  Both the book and the movie are changing my life. I would swear Lysa TurKeurst has been a fly on the wall in my life, read my thoughts and then wrote this book.  I mean, it is SO me! I feel like I am in the midst of an awakening when it comes to food and health. Regardless of what the scale says,  isn't that what this is really all about??
About the scale... I have been advised by a close friend, ( you may remember my buddy Hank Hanna who is almost at the halfway mark of losing 100 lbs!!) that Monday is NOT the day to weigh in. I mean, apparently nobody weighs in on a Monday. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it really matters what day of the week you weigh in if you're trending down and the weight loss is permanent.  But, if there is any day of the week where Katie and I might indulge,celebrate etc,.. it's going to be the weekend.  Therefore the scale could temporarily betray us on Monday.  In these first weeks and months of working hard we really need the encouragement of a good weigh in. So, we are going to skip our weigh in today and move it to THURSDAY.  I'm also going to do a 7-10 day juicing fast!  I haven't decided which day to start due to the fact that I can't find one very essential part of my juicer. UGH! Pray that I find it cause it's driving me crazy!! Hopefully I find it soon and can start juicing this week.

OK, I hope to blog again tomorrow because I'd really like to share some of my "ah-ha" moments if possible. We have family in town this week so it may not happen but I'll do my best.  We'll be back no later than Thursday for an official week 4 weigh in!
Thanks for supporting us & for your comments! We love it and need it!!

Whitney (for Whitney and Katie)


3 comments:

  1. Rock and roll! I think this train is gonna get moving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, Chris and Elizabeth told us about that documentary - they are doing the juice thing too... Maybe I'll hop on that train too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! A 10-day juice fast will work wonders to get the scale sliding down. A couple of tips: 1) You will be very tired for the first 2-3 days, so plan accordingly. 2) You will gain some of the weight back when you go back to eating. The goal is to minimize the rebound by eating fruits and veggies and staying away from carbs and salt. 3) It gets much easier after the third day, so tough it out and you'll see. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete