Friday, August 12, 2011

Reboot Day 1




I started off my day eating a nectarine so I could take my pills with something in my stomach and then drank the lovely concoction you see above over the next hour or so. Green juice is not horrible but as this day has gone on I've looked less and less forward to making it again tomorrow. So, maybe that means I don't like it. I think that I put in too much ginger and maybe the celery taste is too strong for me? I'll have to work on a different recipe.....
For lunch I had an avocado and for an afternoon snack I made a berry smoothie with water, frozen organic cherries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries. Yum! I froze half of it to have as a type of sorbet tomorrow. For dinner I ate a bunch of asparagus and now I'm enjoying some decaf green tea and listening to my stomach growl. Yep, I'm hungry. I'm also tired but not miserably so. Definitely going to bed early tonight. Thankfully my gradual tapering off of my morning coffee last week helped a lot as I have only had the slightest of headaches today.
It's 7:45 and I think I just might go to bed when my kids do - 8:00! One day down....

2 comments:

  1. yay!!!!! one day down!!!!
    i made enough yummy fruit smoothie for me AND steve, but he didnt want so i ate BOTH. then ate 2 cucumbers, the awesome salsa i made yesterday, and the entire stir fry i made for all 4of us.. NO ONE liked it but me. but WOAH- i feel sick. i think i gained 10 pounds today from too much food, but at least it was veggies and fruit right??
    maybe you should skip that green drink and start off with a fruit smoothie tomorrow :)) love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you work on different recipes, you will find something that tastes good and appeals to you! Keep at it...it will be worth it! Good to see you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete