Thursday, August 18, 2011

Weigh In Week 5 8.18.11

Green Smoothie

Whitney
Well, it's day 7 of my Reboot and I feel good! Today I started my day with some watermelon, had a green smoothie for lunch, homemade baked kale chips as a snack.  And since it was spaghetti night at our house I made some spaghetti for myself! Spaghetti squash that is, with a homemade tomato sauce. Yum. So thankful that I have some long distance friends who are also doing a reboot who gave me the idea for that recipe. It was really good!
Making kale chips

 My boys started school this week and it's made it tough to work out. But,  I still got 4 workouts in and pushed myself to go faster and for longer during my last two runs. I was getting into a routine of working out in the morning before Pete left for work but now that the boys have to be up at 6:15 to get ready for school it's put the kabosh on that. So, I need to find a new routine...hmmm.  I really miss being able to go to the gym. : -(
So I'm sure you're wondering if the scale has been good to me after this week of rebooting. I am pleased to say that I am down 4.6 this week!  That makes kale chips taste even better!! I hope that this next week proves to be just as successful. I'll continue to blog daily about my journey. I wish I had more time because I would love to share recipes and such. Maybe I can end my 15 days by doing so.  Off to make my dessert for the night - fresh strawberry and spinach smoothie!

Week 5 Weigh In: 167.6
-/+  this week: - 4.6
Total Loss: 7

"Spaghetti"
Katie
I'm alive. How's that? I'm nauseous and sometimes miserable, but I knew this was coming and I also know there's a light at the end of this tunnel. Hopefully I will see that light sooner rather than later.  With Jack, the morning sickness was terrible every day, and lasted 20 weeks.  With Ryan, it was terrible some days (much like now), and only lasted 14 weeks.  I'll be 10 weeks on Saturday. I'm so anxious to get back to the gym and eat something GREEN, so please pray that this lets up sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, I did try one of Whit's smoothies (with some spinach and celery) and it was great! She's rockin' it and I'm so proud of her discipline!!!!

Week 5 Weigh In: 179
+/- this week:  +3
Total loss/gain: +.4

3 comments:

  1. Rock on Whitney!! So proud of you!
    You are doing great eating green:)
    And Katie, I hope you stop feeling green soon! I know this baby will be a blessing to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you, Whitney! I am a little curious as to how you can lose 4.6 pounds in a week. That's like burning 16000 calories more than you consumed...I wonder how I can do that without having to eat that green stuff. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! what did you end up thinking about the kale chips? my kale rotted before i ever used it :)

    ReplyDelete