Monday, August 22, 2011

Reboot Day 8, 9, 10...and 11

I apologize for being absent the last few days. I know I've said this before but I don't know how other mommies of little ones blog everyday. I mean, life is crazy busy all day long I hardly have time to eat!

  So...It kinda feels like I've been doing this a loooong time. It mostly has to do with how much time I spend in the kitchen and at the grocery. I think if I wasn't cooking/fixing meals for my 3 children each day in addition to my own meals it wouldn't feel that way. I've also experimented with several different recipes which takes time. I would assume the longer I do this the easier and faster it will be. I definitely have not eaten enough the last couple of days and probably more fruits than vegetables as they are easier to grab and go. But my smoothies are packed full of veggies! Yesterday I was closer to a 70/30 veggie-fruit ratio. Much better and I am going to do the same today.

Hunger hasn't been a huge issue most days and when I am hungry it's usually because my days are just so busy that I haven't had time to eat.  I'm still feeling pretty good with bouts of tiredness but that is probably due to my medications and not eating enough. I wouldn't say I'm craving anything in particular but other foods still look good, smell good and are tempting. But, this is teaching me that I am capable of resisting anything at anytime. It's all about prayer, commitment and mindset. I can do this, I can do this....

Now that I'm less than a week away from the end of my reboot I am really contemplating what foods I want to reintroduce and when. I have felt bad for so long and I am definitely feeling better than I have in a while. I'm thinking I'll reintroduce foods one at a time and see how they make me feel. I'd like to be able to pinpoint what foods make me sick. Not sure the best way to do that. I'll have to investigate. Any insight you may have, please share!

A wonderful treat this week has been having Katie in town with her kiddos. The poor girl feels like dump. We're just praying the end of that is right around the corner. It's so exhausting to feel nauseous and tired while also taking care of a one year old and almost 3 year old. Hopefully a few days at the beach has helped. Keep praying for her!


More tomorrow....I think. :)

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment