Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 2 Weigh In 7.25.11

KATIE
This week was so much smoother.  We traveled back home from Charleston Wednesday and it's much easier for me to get in to a routine when I'm back home. I journaled every day this week, but only got in two work outs.  My eating was under control MOST of the week. The two exceptions to that were Saturday evening and yesterday's lunch. Saturday we were at Lake Hartwell with friends.  Unfortunately, in my younger years, going to the lake meant a lot of beer and a lot of yummy snacks...all day long.  Although that's not our lifestyle anymore, the associations are still there.  It was easy to skip the beer because I was driving.  However, my mind wanted to make up for the missing beer with extra food.  Luckily, the people we were with pulled food out only at MEAL TIMES....I know! What a crazy concept... food at meal times...hmmm. Their good habits provided some dignity for me.  However, when we sat down to dinner (grilled steak/chicken, corn, pasta, rice, caesar salad) I completely overdosed.  I tried to eat plenty of fruit but definitely had an extra serving (or two) of the steak. I love steak.  Yesterday, we had mexican for lunch with some church friends.  On a good day, I would avoid the chips.  I did not.  On a good day, I would order chicken soft tacos.  I did not. I had steak fajitas with all the fixins.  On the flip side of that disaster, though, I did try to eat very little the rest of the day to try to balance out that huge calorie intake.  A Weight Watchers instructor once told me that if you have more good days than bad, you'll probably have a good weigh in.  I guess she was right....or else my goofs this past weekend will show up in next week's weigh :)  Goal this week:  MORE WATER and a complete journal.

Week 2 Weigh In:  176.8
Loss this week:  3.2 lbs
Total loss: 1.8 lbs

WHITNEY
First of all, way to go Katie! 3lbs is a great loss & I think it's going to stick!

Well, you already know that I have been struggling a bit this week on the emotional side. The second half of the week has been better but I think just realizing that some old demons were still haunting me was a bit discouraging. But, not even realizing they were there has kept me on the same weight loss/gain roller coaster for a long time. So, though it's difficult this truth is a gift and the key to freedom! That is my goal - freedom from obsessing about food and weight. I've been told that my honesty has made some of you uncomfortable - that maybe I'm sharing too much. I'm afraid I can't apologize. But feel free not to read. The point of this blog is to reach my freedom goal. I plan to do whatever it takes and I pray that hopefully it leads someone else to the same place of freedom. So many live a secretive tortured life with food issues. Secrets are no longer secrets if they're brought out of the darkness and into the light. So, I'm letting the light shine in every cobweb-filled corner.

On to the practical. I was very discouraged this morning when I stepped on the scale and it told me I had only lost 2 tenths of a pound. Really!?! I wanted to cry and just give up! I was expecting at least 2 pounds. I worked out hard 3 times this week, albeit not as many times as I wanted to, but I'm doing Couch to 5k and also Jillian Michaels, "Ripped in 30". I also logged in every single thing I put in my mouth, even if it was 3 rice crackers. I was under my calorie/fat goal every day. ...But, I was also 1,000 calories or under 3 days this week.  Maybe God is helping me by not allowing a weight loss pay off for not eating enough? Ha. It's not healthy & I must stop. My goals this week are: Not to give up because of the scale!! GET UP EARLY and work out 5 days this week. (This is soooo hard for me but if I get up early and work out first thing I am much more consistent.) Eat all 1400 calories each day.

Week 2 Weigh In: 174.4
Lost this week: .2
Total loss: .2     :(

5 comments:

  1. Whit - I agree with you about secrets. Darkness is merely the absence of light...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. not eating all your calories will make your body hold onto weight. The trick is making sure the calories you are eating are the right kind of calories. Hank could probably give you some good ideas for snacks that have "good" calories. Things like nuts that might seem like "high" calories but are really healthy and filling. And they give you the kick for the energy to do the workouts.
    That said I'm on "vacation" at my parents this week and even though my mom is a healthy eater it is so hard to practice portion control! My sister and I are doing water aerobics everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being honest! God reveals to you what needs to be taken care of and you are being obedient. Keep working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girls, JUST KEEP AT IT!!! no matter what--even after a bad weigh in or mistake, just keep at it! yall are doing awesome! listen--you are in a battle--a battle for your heart, yes. but a battle for your mind and body as well. remember that--satan will steal WHATEVER he can and will discourage you HOWEVER he can. fight back, use the tools the Father has given you. yall are awesome--i LOVE LOVE LOVE your honesty and both of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whitney, love what you say about being honest and getting real. Way to put it out there and make no apologies. More of us need to get real. Way to go. I need to take some lessons and get my butt out of bed early for exercise too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete