Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

It's Whitney again. I am so glad you're joining us in this journey. You have already encouraged us greatly. Believe me, I was thinking about you this morning when I made a conscious choice to measure the amount of cranberries I put in my Chobani greek yogurt! And, I have struggled to get in a work out in this week due to busyness and staying up waay too late. But, I must do it today becuase I know you'll be checking in on me.


Many of you have complimented us on "such a great idea"! I must tell you that this was not my idea. I'm a total copycat! 9 weeks ago a friend from church, Hank Hanna, (who is totally cool in his own right because he plays bass, is a Phish hippie and his wife's name is Deetz), launched his own weight loss blog. His starting weight was 324lbs. He's on a journey to lose 100lbs or more and he's well on his way.  He has been completely honest and open about being overweight and his journey to lose the weight. I was truly inspired! Through Hank's honesty I also realized that struggling with weight is the same whether it's 20lbs to lose or 100. I'm sick of the struggle and ready to get real. So, thanks Hank for inspiring me and starting a movement to ban obesity. Already others have told me they would like to do the same. Awesome!
Go check out Hank's website now. He's lost 36 pounds in 9 weeks and he's shrinking out of his clothes. He's also a very good writer and entertaining to read! businessoflosingweight.com  You can also follow him on Twitter @ losing100lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Aw shucks. I'm just trying not to be fat... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Of course I love a post with a picture of such a handsome man ;)

    ReplyDelete