Monday, July 11, 2011

The 1st Day Of The Rest Of Our Life.

Finally! Welcome to "My Sister's a Loser". My sister Katie and I have been struggling with weight for most of our lives. We are best friends. We are wives and stay at home moms. And, we are chubby. It's time for us to make a change. Not just a 10 or 15 pound change but a 40 pound change.  And it begins today! We are tired of having an unhealthy relationship with food and we are going to blog about our journey to freedom here. Unfortunately and fortunately that requires getting very honest with ourselves and others. It's time to shine a bright spotlight into the dark places inside of us that keep us a slave to the Yo-Yo dieting, the "all or nothing" mentality and the roller coaster of emotions that go with it. Today we will begin to ask "why am I struggling..." and try to find the answers right here in front of you. YOU are an important part of this process! Katie and I have both found that the accountability of others is key to sticking with a healthy lifestyle. This is why Weight Watcher meetings work, personal trainers work, etc. So, not only are we going to be accountable to each other but we will also be accountable to you. We will weigh in here every Monday. We will log our food and exercise daily and you will be able to check up on us. For example, if you click on the My Fitness Pal ticker to the left it will take you to my profile. There you will be able to see what I have eaten today,  if I've exercised, or did I even log in today? Katie will be doing the same thing with Weight Watchers, logging into her online journal. We need you to check in on us! We also need you to sign up to "Follow By Email" which is located on the left side. You will receive an email notification when we post. The more eyes on us the better. Katie and I will both be posting frequently about our struggles with weight - and anything else on our minds and we promise to be entertaining. So, are you with us? Will you help us lose 80 pounds by keeping  us accountable? Sign up by Email! Follow! Read our blog and please join us in our journey.

*Goals and stats to be posted tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Rocknroll. Glad you are taking it public. No looking back now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girls! Aunt b is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to guest blog. Really. And tell you all about how to lose it, gain it, lose it, gain it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. When you said 40 lbs in the original post, I expected the starting weights to be higher. I had no idea you were thinking of getting back down to something like 135. Aggressive! Good luck.

    Now I feel like a slacker for the goal that I have in my head for myself.

    ReplyDelete