Friday, September 2, 2011

Week 7 Weigh In 9.1.11

Katie
Still sick. Still not making it to the gym. Still hoping for better days.
In the meantime, though, I got to hear a sweet heartbeat and it was wonderful :)  It was 170 bpm, so the nurse is already guessing girl.  I feel like it's a girl, too, but we hope to find out for sure next Thursday at a 13 week nuchal ultrasound.  This is when we found out the sex for Jack and Ryan. We'll see. Hopefully I'll be able to tell you something at next week's post.  For now, we're starting to prep for our mission trip to Haiti on September 10th. Steve and I are both going and we're so excited.  For any of you that have helped us raise funds, THANK YOU SO MUCH. We'll be sending out a letter soon that will tell more details about where we'll be staying, etc.

Week 7 Weigh In: 178.5
+/- this week:  +.5
Total change: - .1

Whitney 
My reboot fast is over! I actually extended it by 2 days since I was out of town on a retreat and completed 17 days of fruit & veggie juices & smoothies, as well as raw and cooked fruits and vegetables. I drank only water and hot green and herbal teas. Of all the things I could have craved or missed, I really missed coffee. So...I'm back to drinking coffee but only one cup in the morning and it's my only caffeine for the day.  Otherwise, I'm quite unsure of what to eat these days. Too many choices! I'm actually considering going back to the reboot plan. If I do I think I would add whey protein to my smoothies and some other proteins to my salads.  But, I'm just in the thinking stage right now. I feel like it's inevitable that I will gain back a pound or two just because I'm eating more of a variety. Does that make sense to anyone else or is that a twisted way of thinking? I like seeing the numbers on the scale go down and I want it to continue.  I'm even back into a couple pair of jeans and shorts that were too tight to wear a few weeks ago. Yahoo! Now for the weekly stats.

Week 7 Week In: 163
+/- this week: -2.0
Total Loss: 12.6


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Katie! I'm more worried for Jack having to deal with two younger sisters.

    Whit, I would say stick to the reboot plan as long as you can. First, you're seeing results and doing it in a healthy way. Second, as you go along, you learn more about yourself and body, which helps you make better decisions and have more discipline. And while you're on the reboot, you can change your relationship with food, which is probably the most important reason to do it. Whatever you do, commit to it. I'm sure you'll be successful.

    ReplyDelete