Monday, September 26, 2011

Did You Miss Us?

You may have noticed that two weekly weigh in's have come and gone without a blog post from these losers. Um,...yeah.  I week and a half ago(9/15) Katie was in Haiti and my weight hadn't changed. I just didn't have the guts to post again about an unsuccessful week on the scale. Though I have been working hard at the gym and making better food choices (for the most part) it is hard not to be discouraged when the number on the scale doesn't change.
This past Thursday (9/22) I was hoping for at least a small reduction on the scale. Nope. I was up a pound. Not again! The goal of this blog was to have accountability and to succeed publicly not fail publicly. I was ready to shut the blog down. Failing in front of your friends sucks. But, Katie and I talked and we've decided not to shut the blog down.  Instead we will post/weigh in monthly. We both want the accountability and we both want to stay on track, but the weekly meeting with the scale has become torture for me and I've made it even worse by having to go public with the number here. Apparently my weight fluctuates a lot on any given day of the week. For example, I was 169.6 on Thursday morning and then 166.6 on Friday morning! Katie is pregnant of course, and is maintaining her weight well but on a weekly basis doesn't have much to report.  She's still sick, and doing her best to survive the day taking care of her two little ones. (By the way,  her trip to Haiti was vomit free & great!!)
I think this new plan will serve us both well. We will continue to weigh in weekly with each other and post here each month. See you in October!

Whitney:
Current Weight: 166.6
-/+: - 2 lbs
Total Loss: 9 lbs

Katie:
Current Weight: 177
-/+: -1 lb
Total Loss: 1.6 lbs

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Whitney. I've been thinking about your situation a lot, as Katie told me how hard you're working with no results. I'm praying for you and hoping you are able to figure out what's going on. It's hard for me to understand how you can be eating less than you burn and not lose weight. It seems impossible...like against the laws of physics impossible. I'm wondering if you could meet with a nutritionist and maybe talk through things and see if he/she has any suggestions. I also wondered if alcohol might be the culprit. Like maybe your body reacts to it in such a way that you do not function "normally" with it in your system so it keeps you from losing. I don't know. I've heard people say they cut out caffeine (even diet soda) and it helped them lose weight, so I'm just thinking out loud that maybe alcohol could be the trigger for you. It's certainly worth a shot, right? Oh - and if you were to feel like blogging for any other reason than the weigh ins, I'm sure we'd all like to hear from you. =) Thanks for letting us in on this portion of your life. I know it's a very vulnerable place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blog! I'll be back after I pop out this baby and need to lose the 50 lbs I'm on my way to gaining ;)

    ReplyDelete