Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 8 Weigh In 9.8.11

Whitney

Wow. That's about all I can think of to say. I'm up 5.6 pounds this week. #!%!$!! I'll admit I've had a few splurges during the week/long weekend. But, seriously?? Some of the things I had were wine and sushi, a turkey burger and a few fries, a gin and tonic. But not all the in the same day and not in huge quantities! And, I still stayed within a 1400 calorie budget.  I've added protein, like plain tuna or deli turkey to my salads this week with my usual no dressing except red wine vinegar. I've been having greek yogurt for breakfast... I could see me being up a pound or so because of the alcohol and carbs but 5.6? What in the world is going on with me?!?

I've thought about going back to just fruits and veggies but I can't do that for LIFE. I don't want to lose 40 lbs that way just to gain it all back as soon as I eat other foods again. It's not realistic for a long term lifestyle. I need to figure out how to lose weight and keep it off in a healthy way that is doable for life. I don't want to be making meals for my family & then meals for me for the rest of my life.
I'm at a loss and to be honest I'm feeling quite defeated yet again. I see it working for others around me but maybe I'm destined to be a chubby girl.  I feel like throwing in the towel. Hard work without much pay off is very unmotivating. What's the point?  It's been 8 weeks of trial and error and not much to show for it.  Sorry for the "poor me" post but it's just where I am. This sucks.

 Week 8 Weigh In: 168.6
  +/- this week: +5.6
Total loss in 8 weeks:  7 lbs

Katie
Whit's post makes me sad and frustrated that we don't live next door to each other so we can just be constantly building one another up and eating together, working out together, etc.  It doesn't seem right that we're not sharing a kitchen :( My only suggestion would be to start a hard core workout routine (with weights) and cut the alcohol completely for 6 months.  I would also research any meds to make sure that's not throwing things off.  That's just my two cents, but I'm sure any other comments would be appreciated. Anyone been in this same boat before?? I feel like she's being very diligent.

On the flip side, I have a little good news that has nothing to do with weight at all!  I got a 13 week ultrasound this morning and everything looks great with the baby GIRL.  Yep, Ryan is going to have a little sister.  Yes...how frightening is that to envision.  I'm already imagining the newborn having to wear a helmet when she hangs out with her sister, just to be safe. Pray for us :)  We could also use an extra dose of prayers for our trip to Haiti. Steve and I leave Saturday morning and will be gone for the week.  I know God is going to do amazing things and I'll be anxious to provide the update.

They weighed me at my appt this morning and it was 178, so I'm pretty much keeping steady.

Week 8 Weigh In:178
 +/- this week: -0.5 lb
Total loss in 8 weeks: -0.6 lbs

4 comments:

  1. The thing they don't really mention with the reboot thing is the inevitable rebound. The pounds will come back, but it's usually the same number (5-10) no matter how long you do it.

    If you don't want to go back to a reboot, try cutting out carbs. Pretty much everything you mentioned had a fair amount of carbs, and that will definitely bloat you up in short time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe consider going for a physical and see if you have any health things going on? I'm sorry because I know you are probably feeling really discouraged. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this Andrew cause it gave me some hope that it's not just ME. And Deetz, I have an appt with my doc on Monday and I'm going to ask for a full work up! - Whit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hesitant to give my advice because I know what it's like to be bombarded with advice when you're trying to do something like this. Everyone has their own opinion of what you should do...and sometimes you just don't want to hear it! But I think I hear you asking for advice here...so...have you ever heard of the "Biggest Loser 30 Day Jumpstart"? It is full of great information about how to pair certain foods to keep you full and satisfied, as well as a full 30-day meal plan. There are even several recipes that your entire family may enjoy. I have had several friends that have done amazingly well following the plan. I haven't followed it perfectly but have been able to use the information and shed a few pounds. It may be worth looking into and may serve as another source of helpful information for you.

    Thank you for sharing your journey with all of us and for being so completely honest. I love reading your posts, and I find it all inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete